Monday, March 8, 2010

Eat Real Food!

Do you love watching the rich and famous?  Those women at the Academy Awards look so fabulous!  How do they do it?  How do they stay so thin?
Well, I don't know all their secrets.  But I do know one, and I'm gonna tell you:

THEY EAT REAL FOOD

You are acting like you don't understand what I mean, but you really do.  Is stuff that has a long list of chemical ingredients "real"?  Of course not!  It's a bunch of chemicals.  And when your body gets chemicals instead of food, it doesn't know what to do with the crap.
I can almost hear the internal dialog:
  
Stomach:  "What the heck is this?"
Throat:  "How should I know?"
Stomach:  "Well, what should I do with it?"
Throat:  "Just store it as fat!  Gotta go!  Incoming!"

Of course, this is pure conjecture on my part, but not so far-fetched.  We all know what junk food can do to our figures through personal experience!
The first step on your road to thin is to eat healthy food.  Remember, we are not talking about limiting calories.  Low calorie food is often fake food full of chemicals.  The funny thing about real food is that it seems to have a built in self-limiting switch.  I could definitely eat my way through a package of Albertson's chocolate chip cookies (and I have:  it's a personal nemesis), but I would never think of eating a whole bag of carrots or sunflower seeds (by the way, get some seeds in the shell and start munching if you're hungry.  They have an amazing amount of vitamins and minerals!).  There are a lot of foods out there to love.  If you love yogurt and want something sweet and creamy, do not get that chemical-laden kind!  And no high fructose corn syrup!  Believe it or not, you can find fruit-juice, honey, or maple-syrup-sweetened varieties.  Any highly refined sugar is a real enemy to your desire to be thin.  Let's talk about sugar next time, sweetie.  For now, find some real food and go eat it.  If you're hungry, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment