Thursday, April 22, 2010

To Exercise or Not to Exercise, that is the Question

Do you hate to exercise?
So do I.
If you don't like to exercise, then don't!  I mean it! No one is going to make you exercise!

BUT

Here is what I found out about exercise:
(Gee, another revelation!)

I had been eating an excellent diet for some time. You know, no crap! I had lost some weight, but it was coming  off very slowly.
This was not upsetting to me, because I never try to lose weight. I do not go on diets anymore. I don't weigh myself.  And I don't count calories. My mission was, and is, to be good to myself and eat healthy. And in the course of eating healthy, you will always lose weight and "equalize," or get to the best weight for you. So, I said to myself in a philosophical sort of way, "Wow.  I'm hardly eating anything, but I'm not losing weight. I'm just sort of maintaining. Hmmm......  I wonder why?"
Then, one day one of our cars broke down and I started walking to work and back, fifteen minutes each way.  

You guessed it!

BINGO!  Instant weight loss! I started looking thinner within a week. And the weight kept coming off!

So, I'm not telling you that you have to exercise. I'm just telling you that if you are already eating right and you add this one teensy weensy thing--and we are not talking a lot--you'll be on a Roller Coaster Ride to Thin. Wouldn't that be a nice change from the ride you're on?

P.S.  A funny thing happens when you start to exercise. You start to want to. Because it makes you feel good. And it makes you look good. 

So what are you waiting for?




1 comment:

  1. Hi there......I don't know if you check this anymore......but was wondering if you could e-mail me! I loved your blog....and would like a little direction if possible! My e-mail is ......sherilex222@gmail.com. Thanks so much in advance!

    ReplyDelete